It’s no secret: monthly maintenance fees for Big Island condos can get quite high. On-going costs of maintaining a structure built close to the water or maintaining a property with elevators, tennis courts, pools and other amenities (as much as we love them) add up. And that’s in addition to the normal costs of repairing wear and tear on a roof, keeping paint looking fresh and appealing, and keeping the landscaping looking its best.
Of course, when you own a single-family home in a residential neighborhood, you are responsible for ALL the fees for maintenance, repairs and updates and you’re either going to spend your weekends doing that work or paying for someone else to do it for you.
Many who choose the condo route do so, at least in part, for the predictability of having most of their maintenance expenses included in one monthly bill. There’s also the advantage of being able to travel and knowing that the property is being well taken care of.
In North Kona, there are a several fee-simple condo projects that have monthly maintenance fees under $500, including: Seascape Condominium, Hualalai Village, Pines At Kailua-Kona I and II, Alii Cove and Kahaluu Reef. Each of these condo projects offer floor plans with 1,000 sq ft or more of interior living space.
A few listings that are currently on the market that fall into this category:
- Seascape Condominium #B101: MLS 283658 listed by Chiaki Yamada, R(S)
- Hualalai Village #E106: MLS 267941 listed by Dawn Clark, R(B)
- Pines At Kailua-Kona I #84: MLS 282929 listed by Julie Ching, R(B) and Dennis Yates, R(S)
- Alii Cove #C23: MLS 271042 listed by Patti St. Clair, R(S)
If we can assist you with setting up a tour of one of these condo units, let us know. If the properties listed by MLS number above are sold, you can see the most recent listings by clicking on the condo names, or explore all new Big Island listings here:
- View all Big Island homes listed for sale within the last 5 days or 10 days
- View all Big Island condos listed for sale within the last 5 days or 10 days
- View all Big Island land listed for sale within the last 5 days or 10 days
Please e-mail me if I can help with your property search or in finding a Clark Realty agent to assist with your home buying or selling needs. We have 6 offices around the Big Island of Hawaii and are committed to earning your business by providing timely market data and excellent service.
*Note: condo maintenance fees are subject to change. Please contact a local real estate professional to verify the most current information. Mahalo!