Hurricane Safety: Be Prepared for Iselle and Julio
As Hurricanes Iselle and Julio approach the Hawaiian Islands, we want to encourage our readers to make all necessary preparations for the possible effects of severe weather. Hurricane season lasts until November, so even if the two systems currently headed our way do weaken it is recommended that you hold on to supplies that you may need in the event of future storms.
Listed below are several websites with information that may be helpful in keeping up to date or finding resources near you.
For official news and updates:
- National Weather Service Honolulu Forecast Office
- National Weather Service Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Hawaii State Civil Defense (shelter list here, Disaster Preparedness Kit recommendations here)
- Hawaii County Civil Defense
- NOAA Hawaii Satellite Imagery
For updates from local media:
The next forecast update is scheduled for 5 PM HST, Wednesday, August 6.